The ThugPug Project

–°hanged May 17, 2017
This is a bit of an experimental grow for me and will be a full report from seed to harvest. I'm using a 2 x 4 grow tent with 200 watts of Citizen CLU048-1212 COB LEDs. After discovering that my Blumat carrots fit perfectly into a FloraFlex 6" drip shield, I decided to give Grodan Hugo blocks a go. This will be my first time growing with rockwool from start to finish. Keeping nutrients simple: - Veg+Bloom - Quantum Growth Light - Drip Clean
Flowering, 9 weeks
Peanut Butter Breath (hybrid) from Thug Pug Genetics
superdang9000 Jan 24, 2017 12:42 PM
Interesting mutation on the seedling in the front row, second from left with split cotyledons. I'll be keeping an eye on that one.
RockMongrels Jan 24, 2017 1:00 PM
can't wait to see updates! -R
Masta_Che Jan 24, 2017 11:24 PM
They sure as hell are from a dragon! Im interested to see how that l.e.d. looks like. if possible.
superdang9000 Jan 25, 2017 12:00 PM
Added a few pics below of the frame.
AdminWGH Feb 14, 2017 6:26 AM
Cool man!
superdang9000 Jan 25, 2017 10:22 AM
Added a few pics of the light
Masta_Che Jan 25, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Flowering
    9 weeks
  • Just before the chop
    May 17, 2017
    Here are some shots from just before harvest. I've since cut them down and they're currently drying, so I'll post another follow-up in a few days. I'm very happy with the way these turned out, and managed to get a beautiful fade on my #2 pheno.
  • Flowering
    8 weeks
  • Bud shots, final week
    May 6, 2017
    Just a few more bud shots of my four Peanut Butter Breath phenos as they go into their last week before the chop. Can't wait to have these babies in jars!
  • Flowering
    7 weeks
  • Lights out and lowers
    May 6, 2017
    A few lights out shots and lowers of my #1 pheno.
  • Flowering
    6 weeks
  • Week 6
    Apr 25, 2017
    And a few bud shots at week 6. Going into the final stretch and will be starting the flush toward the end of the week.
  • Flowering
    4 weeks
  • Been a little while since I've posted an update, been busy working on lots of various projects. Expanded my veg light to push out more power and added more strips to increase efficiency. Also built a little control box for my LED drivers so they can run remote instead of strapped to the light fixture. Has dimmer kn... Read more
  • Flowering
    2 weeks
  • Garden vid
    Mar 23, 2017
    Video mashup and garden walkthrough of my little veg area and Peanut Butter Breath females, filmed just after flipping to flower. They're quite a bit farther along now, but I'll post another update soon.
  • Flowering
    1 week
  • Flipped
    Mar 14, 2017
    Quick update, flipped the Peanut Butter Breath to 12/12 yesterday. I also setup a little 2x2 flood and drain area for veg along with another custom built LED light. I'll be setting up a new report here for the Triangle Crips seeds I just popped.
  • Vegetation
    6 weeks
  • All right, things are finally looking up. To expand on my last update, the Blumats were keeping the rockwool either too saturated or too dry, and it was extremely difficult to find a balance. So, they weren't able to supply enough oxygen to the roots and I ended up with some mild root rot issues. After switching out... Read more
  • Vegetation
    5 weeks
  • Spent the weekend modifying my drip system to a more traditional setup with timed feedings. The plants are already starting to perk up, so hopefully we'll be back in business soon. As long as they stay on the mend, I'll be flipping them to flower this coming weekend. I may play around with the Blumat/rockwool combo... Read more
  • So! I'm having an extremely difficult time dialing in the Blumats with rockwool. I think it might work in a pressurized system w/Blumats but I'm not so sure it's suited for this type of medium. Not going to risk losing these plants, so I'm switching to a traditional timed drip system this weekend to finish off this ... Read more
  • Vegetation
    4 weeks
  • Seedlings getting legs
    Feb 20, 2017
    End of week 4 and the little ones are finally starting to get their legs. It was a slow start but they're doing much better. I'm still tweaking my environment and moved the 2 stragglers into a small temp controlled chamber with a custom built 50 watt LED to see how they respond (I'll be adding insulation and wire man... Read more
  • Another quick update. The little ones are coming along. Still getting my environment dialed in. You can see the leaves drooping a bit. I also have a few stragglers. I think it may be because I got a little lazy when soaking the last 4 rockwool cubes. All 4 on the left are slow and showing pH issues. They'll make it... Read more